Seek a contrarian truths.
Collect JTBD stories to identify triggers points that unlock value.
🗃️ Web3 Startup
📄️ AI and Web3
Opposite equal forces.
What routine checks and balances needs to be setup to manage this process optimally?
Uncover hidden problems to identify opportunities.
What problems can you solve? Who is willing to pay the most to have those problems solved?
Zero to One
Map flow of value from a businesses inflows and outflows to find opportunities for growth.
How is value created? captured, aggregated, wasted, shared, distributed?
- What is valuable?
- What processes create value?
- What assets add leverage to those processes?
- What type of people required? customers, employees, partners, investors?
- How easy to prove value proposition?
- How much prior knowledge required?
Business models for growth while creating a moat against competition.
Keep operations lean and tight with accountability, transparency with full commitment to seeing decisions through.
Effective outsourcing strategy to bring in and learn from expertise as needed to systemise knowledge. Ultimately aiming to leverage AI Agents.
Expanding activities into other geographic regions or the range of products and services offered to the current markets.
Expansion into adjacent markets. For example Amazon selling electronics after successfully selling books.
Taking over a function previously performed by a supplier or distributor.
Vertical growth is further expansion along the supply chain.
With workflow systems and a strong admin team in place, a well-run business has the opportunity to grow by acquisition or by creating a branded franchise business.
- Growth by acquisition
- Identify the Problem: Start with a clear understanding of the problem you're looking to solve with AI. The value of AI comes from its ability to solve complex problems, automate tasks, and generate insights from data.
- Select the Right AI Models: Choose foundational AI models that best suit your needs. This could be GPT-3 for text-to-text, DALL-E for text-to-image, or others.
- Remix and Fine-Tune Models: Combine and fine-tune these models to handle multiple modalities. This might involve blending the capabilities of different models, improving them to handle more modalities, or tweaking them to perform specific tasks better.
- Data Integration and Curation: Identify relevant data for the AI to improve specific tasks. Clean and curate this first-party proprietary data for training the model.
- Develop Custom Applications: Build applications that are highly customized and relevant to your users or industry. This could be anything from a specialized chatbot for customer support to an AI tool for resume generation.
- Prompt Engineering/Optimization: Implement prompt hacking to tweak the natural language instruction to completely revamp the AI model's output. This can be a key element in building an AI moat.
- Iterative Improvement and Scaling: Develop a fast iterative loop for continual learning and improvement. This involves testing, collecting feedback, refining the model, and repeating this cycle until the desired results are achieved.
- Leverage Network Effects: Use network effects to your advantage. As more users join in, the product should become better and more valuable.
- Establish Strong Brand and Distribution: Build a strong brand and secure strategic partnerships for distribution. This can help differentiate your product in a competitive market and expand your reach to potential users.
- Invest Strategically: Allocate capital wisely. This may involve substantial upfront investment in foundational development, but also ongoing investment in enhancing and fine-tuning models, developing new applications, and integrating AI more deeply into existing business processes
Is small the new big?
Always be recruiting. Hire only when absolutely certain.