Software's job is to faciliate the flow of ideas into valuable actions.
Allocate R&D resources to continuously evolve platform and process through experiments.
What decision tree to choose best blockchain stack that matches your business model?
📄️ Developer Experience
Help new developers to fall into a pit of success.
📄️ Comparison Table
JTBD: what job are you this employing tech to do?
Decide how to optimise your flow of energy by focusing on what matters most.
- Instinctual Decisions
- Decide with Bets
- Decide Priority
- Decision Risk
- Decision Automation
- Tech Stack Decisions
- Decision Meetings
Think deep to engineer systems to act wisdom you need to think fast.
Create a standard checklist to routinely re-affirm convictions and make evolutionary bets.
- Business view
- Leadership in tech
- Development process
- Software architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Stakeholder collaboration
- Tech ecosystem and culture
Happy customers pay the bills
Priorities and Culture
Everyone in an organization has a stake in the tech stack.
- Does your tech stack allow for scalability and innovation?
- Do you choose tools that integrate well with the other systems you have in place?
- Do you include internal teams in the evaluation process?
Maintain a flow state by reducing context shifts to a minimum.
Fit for Purpose
Does it fit with the operating purpose and vision for the organisation.
- how suitable right now?
- how long into the future?
How flexible at providing solutions to many types of problem?
Beside the core purpose for evaluation, what other potential uses are there?
- Does it make being a good developer easier to achieve?
Time until Valuable Commit
- How much effort team to upskill?
- How quickly can new developers make a valuable commit?
- Suitable for growing teams?
- Can new hires read docs or require handholding?
- External training costs?
Why you can't hire your way out of a tech talent drought.
- Do you need to recruit new people?
- What is the state of developer adoption state and trend?
Cost of Recruitment
- What are the costs for level of expertise you need? How do those costs compare to industry standards?
- Licence costs?
- Training costs?
- Data migration costs?
- Recurring costs?
- Lockin costs? How does the price ramp up after a trial? or as the company scales?
Developer Machine Setup
Time and complexity to setup:
- Business Operations machine
- Developer Machine
- Continuous integration (CI)
See laptop setup
- How easy?
- What skill level?
- How many hours of life will be lost solving deployment issues?
- Vendor Support? What Channels? What Cost?
- Repo Community and Activity
- Stack Overflow
- Related Github Projects
- Tech Leader Endorsements
- What are risks and benefits?
- How robust?
- What proof?
What do you need to choose from?