What is the critical path to navigate the idea maze to accelerate positive change?
Coach teamwork to ensure people can execute decisions as expected.
Automate as many decisions as you can.
Your opportunity is somebody else's problem
Disagree then Commit
Schedule dedicated time to honestly reflect and communicate where the true problems lie.
When you document clear thought paths to persuade yourself of your decision, you can resuse that rhetoric to persuade others.
Take care of the downsides and the upsides will take care of themselves
Addressing the Pain
Address the pain: hunt out the root cause problems. Identify the triggers that instigate action.
- What is the most valuable problem to solve?
- Do you have processes to solve this problem?
- Do you have the platform to solve the problem?
- Do you have the team to own this problem?
- Is the timing right?
how strong is the appetite for a challenge?
- Is it time to defend or attack?
- Consolidate, or take risks?
Aim for balance with priorities
In alignment with Strategic Goals, Platform and Skillset what needs to be prioritised to grow with optimal flow over the next sprint | season | quarter?
Move to decision log on completion to track history.
Evaluate beliefs in the vision and mission.
Do we have ability and the hunger to accept the challenge at this point in time?
Perform projects in six weeks cycles. Six weeks is half a quarter but also a good length of time to measure impact.
- Appetite: Is the anticipated reward worth the effort?
- Values: Action aligns with principles?
- Assets: Do we have the necessary foundations?
- Talent: Do we have the right team?
- Belief: How strong is our belief in this mission?
- Vision: Is this what we are in the game for?
What risks do you need to protect yourself from?
- What faults or limitations have you overlooked?
- Are there any problems your actions might create? How can you mitigate these?
- How vulnerable to external markets?
Who how when with what for how long?
- Customer value creation?
- Interval value creation?
- Partner value creation?
Riskiest Assumption Testing
- What is the riskiest assumption?
- How can the path to failure be recognised as fast as possible?
- When assessing success and failure what decisions do we agree to in advance?