Every good investor through history ultimately makes the decisions based on belief in the team that is driving innovation forward.
Great teams know they can trust each others instincts to coordinate taking the best action to optimse results in their collective loop of consciousness.
- Common Values
- Complimentary Talents
- Shared Vision
- Unique Language
- United in Purpose
Teams that are capable of collaborating and coordinating to enact the best possible decisions as quickly as possible create dynasties and leave legacies.
Great teams balance prioritisation of exploring new opportunties versus adding quality to the delivery of existing ideas.
Build systems to optimise collaborative coordination to add real wisdom on top of Artificial Intelligence
Great teams develop their own language to shut down threats and maximise opportunities creating their own luck through focused intention and attention.
All teams need coaches that disrupt break bad habits and enchance talents.
Invest in building belief systems so that good decisions/actions can come from anywhere.
Create teams within teams to compete against each other in fun centred competition to improve comradery and sharing of knowledge and ideas across traditional boundaries.
Only team players can be 10x contributors
- Shows a desire to be competitive
- Team players are good communicators
- Enjoy social engagement
- Willing to learn and teach
- Playing to win but with the right attitude
Some people will exploit incentives for their own gain over that of the group.
No dick-heads, a rotten apple spoils the bunch
You can't expect quality results from people that don't feel connected to a purpose for doing a job.
Track and drive improvement of who is capable of what.
- Play to persons Strengths and Desires
- Define the Desired Outcome
- Engineer systems with autonomy and incentives for people to own their decisions
A manager must understand how to motivate people
- Offer an approach
- Request a different approach
- Listen without ego
- Agree a plan/experiement with controls
- Back the person up
Always need to publishing content to attract talent and refining recruitment process even when not in the market.
- Character wins over talent
- Always be recruiting
- Only hire when you absolutley need to
- Recruit people that have a growth mindset
- Use contractors to learn
Use contractors to produce quality outcomes faster and more cost effectively. Learning as much as you can from their process so you can take more work on internally for subequent work.
Recruiting contracted talent:
- Clarity of instruction of desired outcomes
- Preparation: have things ready so they can be done quickly
- Get the to document their process in the agreement terms.
Professionals have a growth mindset, contributing extra to lead continuous improvement of the entire team.
Two or more people actively engaged in the pursuit of a definite purpose with a positive mental attitude, constitute an unbeatable force - Think and Grow Rich
Professional work ethic:
- Leave the job in a better place than when you started
- Document changes, explaining thought process for change
- Make sure someone else can follow new process without help