Innovation is constantly upgrading to the best tool to do the job.
To avoid becoming trapped in technical debt keep innovating and improving decision making criteria for selecting the best tool for a job.
For every tool you use document:
- processes where that tool is used (triggers)?
- what skills are required to use tool effectively?
- what people have skills and level of mastery?
- what is the cost of ownership?
- what are tool weaknesses?
- what alternatives are on the radar?
Collaborative software engineering
Collaborative and open permission data storage and processing.
- Jobs that need to be done drive the innovation of better tooling
- Better tooling enables to capability to optimise processes
- Better processes provides greater opportunity