Make the most of lessons learned to add layers of wisdom with the aim steps can be followed by the least skillful resource available or automated by technology.
The primary benefit achieved from mapping out your business processes is that you can accurately evaluate each of the steps needed to complete a certain workflow, while understanding exactly how each of them interacts with one another and contributes to the process as a whole.
Collect, compare carefully in order to verify, and often to integrate or arrange in order collated the data for publication.
Failure to deliver quality products is mostly due to management failures to focus investment in evolving production systems, not from worker ineptness.
scale operations while maintaining standards with continous investment in evolving processes.
Drive continuous improvement/growth through a million micro steps to towards growth that compound every success and safeguard against failure.
- Improve communication protocols
- Eliminate firefighting
- Maximise opportunities
Good decisions come from the edges at the point of engagement, not from the top.
- Must have consistency approach to make efforts analysing results valuable
- Standards are essential for accurate pricing and ability to scale
- Can't be expert at everything, but need to be able to get the most from experts
- Never waste an opportunity to learn
- Must have discipline to write lessons learned
- A job is not finished until the process has been improved for the next person (even if that person is you)
- Nobody is above following process, but processes must be continually questioned and experiemented with
DMADV methodology's five phases are (Also known as DFSS "Design For Six Sigma"):
- Define design goals that are consistent with customer demands and the enterprise strategy.
- Measure and identify CTQs (characteristics that are Critical To Quality), measure product capabilities, production process capability, and measure risks.
- Analyze to develop and design alternatives
- Design an improved alternative, best suited per analysis in the previous step
- Verify the design, set up pilot runs, implement the production process and hand it over to the process owner(s).