Combine crypto tokenomics with traditional gaming economy design.
Identify the inflection point of skill beyond which it becomes more economical to be good at the game.
The aim of the game is to provide incentives that retain contribution.
Add utility to NFT collections
- What are all the potential revenue streams?
- What are most profitable?
- What least obstrusive to implement?
- What are easiest to implement?
Web3 builders require improved communication tools and data control to ensure the promise of web3 ideals can overcome sceptical gamers.
Humans have an innate sense of fairness that leads to reciprocity. Games need to nuture talent over allowing wealthy players to buy success.
Fairness of the game is sacrosanct
Provide raw form of competition, with all variables aside from the environment within the control of players.
Users had guarantees that they could win these games on pure skill alone, unlike much of what we see in the modern era. Fair play, and the thrill of risk.
- Cheat codes
- Purchased power-ups
- Purchased consumables to give a player an edge
Pillars of Good Economy
- Currency Stability
- Price Rationality
- Fair Distribution
- All Knowledge Comes From Data
- Standard Economic Metrics
- Design the Database
- Implement Control Points
Hyper inflation in blockchain games is normally a bad thing, but Microbuddies is flipping in-game economies on their heads with their NFT replicating game on Polygon. There game is already out, and they have a PFP collection being released on Ethereum with really interesting and mysterious connections to their existing game.
A term despised by Gamers. GameFi refers to blockchain games in which players can earn money by playing. The GameFi ecosystem creates a virtual gaming environment using cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and blockchain technology.
- Crypto Game Economy
- Manifesto for Building Sustainable Game Economies
- Guilds and games in a post ponzinomics web3
- Scarce Virtual Land is a losing strategy
- Open vs Closed Economies in Web3 Games
- Howiw Zhang