Not about the killer blow, but isolating an opponent and moviing them around to put them off balance and maintain front of court position to take a risk-free winner when available.
Hit to the feet. This limits options for the return.
Forget about your last shot.
Concentrate on your process.
Your best chance to play a good shot is to get into good position.
Plant feet early get bat position ready early
- Where do need to be to return the next shot?
- Read the opponents shot
- Big backswing or short?
- Ball at their feet or high?
Don't forget to use the glass
If the ball is fast and to the feet chances are good for an easy volley.
- Move early
- Try to keep side on
- Don't get caught in no-mans land
- Bat back ready early
- Height mirrors ball impact height
- Aim for where you intend to strike the ball
- Prioritise position over power
- Move your opponent around
- Pick on one player
- Make it easier to predict the return
- Tired players lose concentration
Don't hang out the washing.
|Otro Nivel Padel|