Find a way to deliver value to other humans, then figure out how to scale that capability.
It's not what you know but knowing what to ask that makes the difference.
- Name your current assumptions about the problem.
- Break the problem down into its core parts
- Identify the foundational blocks of the system in operation?
- Ask powerful questions to get to the truth of the problem
- What was the original purpose of the system working in this way?
- Remind yourself of the goal and create a new solution
Related mental models for critical thinking.
When you reason from first principles, opportunities for application are many - Pavel Tsatsouline